An established brand is the outcome of efficient manpower, proactive management, coordinated leadership, and quality management. Without full participation of your workforce, you are unable to deliver consistent quality, retain employees, and therefore you ultimately need to focus on increasing morale. So, by providing them with a safe workplace is one of the main requirements of human resources. If your workforce feels that their safety is not a priority for then they will start movingto other companies.
Occupational health and safety management is necessary to maintain an enthusiastic and cooperative workforce. As an employer, you need to show value to your workers by addressing their health, safety, and security needs. The ISO 45000 is designed to guide companies in establishing and maintaining a stringent safety management system. To better understand the process, you just comprehend the fundamental requirements of the ISO 45000. For that, you need the assistance of health and safety consultants from a reputable consulting house. They enable you to understand the clauses, reduce doubts, and suggest relevant ways for fulfilling the outline requirements. However, before appointing them, you need to first understand the purpose of an occupational health and safety management system and the process for implementing it.
What is the purpose of the ISO 45000 (Occupational Health and Safety Management System)?
The international standard for OH&S is designed to help companies manage risks as well as opportunities for reduction of injuries and accidents at the workplace. The model will provide clear guidance on needs to be achieved in order toprevent unsafe or unhealthy conditions within the workplace.
What is the process?
To implement or modify a system according to the ISO standard, the basic clauses of the ISO 45000 need to be met. They are as follows:
● Determining the context of the organisation is the first piece. Both internal and external forces should be evaluated based ontheir effective performance. Companies need to determine their position and expectations with the OH&S system.
● Leadership will play a critical role in maintaining a healthy work atmosphere. The management team should be attentive enough and take notes on the safety requirements.
● Planning and policies should be designed and communicated. The planning must include processes and strategies for identifying, evaluating, and mitigating the potential hazards.
● There should abundance of support in terms of resources, communication, competence, documentation, and awareness.
● Hazard elimination should be done within the planned protocol. If necessary, change management, procurement, and measures for emergency preparedness should be established.
● Monitoring and performance evaluation through internal audits should be done from time to time.
● Corrective measures should be taken accordingly.
How can the consultants support your journey?
● The consultants are experienced advisors who have both skills and knowledge on how to conduct different analyses and reviews as per a system’s requirement.
● They will inspect a system and conduct a gap analysis to determine what and how much should be done in order tomeet these standards. They will help you identify the risks by conducting a SWOT analysis.
● After implementation or modification, they will work closely with the management team to implement a process for continuous monitoring, supervision, and review. They will check the readiness of the system before finally registering it for external evaluation by a certification body.
Hopefully, the post helps you better understand the mandatory criteria for establishing the ISO 45000approved system in the workplace. Consider the role of the health and safety consultants, who play an indispensable role in making your certification journey simple and remain on schedule. Appointing only certified and experienced professionals after having a thorough background research.