When starting implementing the use of eco-friendly tote bags you diminish the amount of plastic bags you use, recycling more. Many retail stores and grocery stores have completely replaced the use of plastic bags, offering their customers one possibility:upcycled shoulder bags. These bags are durable, and they are very good for the environment. They have a lot of many other uses besides transporting your groceries.
You can use them as weekend bags or beach bags. Furthermore, you could also use them around the house to store arts and crafts supplies, spare parts, children’s toys. In what follows, we will offer a list of advantages and disadvantages that will help you decide whether to replace your plastic bags or not.
The advantages of using eco-friendly tote bags
- The first advantage when using reusable grocery bags is that you can use them again and again. Therefore, instead of buying a new plastic bag every time you go shopping, you reusethe tote bag you already have.
- Another important benefit is that they avoid the negative impact on the environment by reducing the amount of paper or plastic. In this way, they help reduce the production of paper while also reducing cutting down trees. Therefore, it helps us protect the environment.
- Also, these bags are very durable since they are cotton-based ones. Therefore, you can wash them together with the rest of your clothes.
- Since this type of bags is recyclable, this means they are also biodegradable. Therefore, you should throw away all your plastic bags and replace them with eco-friendly tote bags.
- Plastic bags pose a great threat to wildlife since many animals eat plastic bags without realizing the harm. This can cause digestive problems or even their death. Furthermore, small animals can even get tangled and trapped by them, causing severe injuries. Sometimes plastic bags also reach rivers or other water sources where they can pose a great threat to marine creatures.
- Tote bags also help you save more money since you will no longer need to spend on numerous plastic bags every time you go shopping.
- Another advantage would be the fact that cotton-based bags are ideal for imprinting. This material is highly receptive to ink transfer. Once it is set, the ink will resist flaking or fading. It will even stay put as you wash the bag. Hence, you may imprint a nice quote you love or your favorite logo.